Friday, June 20, 2008

Animoto Test

This afternoon I made a video using Animoto.com. I wanted to use our Kickoff pictures, but Animoto can't access the library's servers. So I used cat pictures from my Flikr account (yes, more cats). A 30 second video is free, and anything longer costs 3 dollars, so I chose a 30 second video. Animoto animates your photos and lets you select music. Once the video is done, it emails a link and posts the video to your account. I am impressed with the video and very excited to show it to you.

But. . . .

I've been trying to post the finished video to my blog with no success. When I give Animoto my blogger email and password, it says I need my blog! And while it lets me make a widget, the widget, unfortunately, is pretty useless. As you can see, it only shows a quarter of the video image. I'm wondering if this will work better from home. There is an option to post it to Youtube, and from there I know I can post it to Blogger. Still, the system is pretty glitchy. If you stick with it the results are fun and might even be worth 3 dollars for a long video. I'll have to experiment a bit more.

No comments: