Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Our New Branch Wiki is Working!




Here is a screen shot from the FrontPage of our new branch Wiki. After the Quick Links you see above, I posted silly photos of the branch staff so that everyone who will be using the wiki has a photo on the FrontPage. It took me several days to get the Wiki up and running using pbwiki.com. At first I had a hard time conceptualizing the whole thing. I listened to two of the pbwiki tutorials, but they were not very helpful. Viewing other examples of wikis helped much more. And pbwiki has been emailing me helpful tips.

So now Bookpusher and CoreyandGriffie are writers, and Asimovstruths is a reader. Theoretically wikis are unkillable, but previous disasterous computing incidents involving Asimovstruths have left me nervous. I can always change him to a writer later.

I've asked the circulation staff to read Exploration #7 and watch the little video. Then I'll send them all invitations as well. Originally we thought this wiki would just be a programming plan wiki, but then we decided to make it useful to everyone in the branch.

Today Bookpusher made several edits (yay Bookpusher!) so our branch wiki is now officially up and functioning.

2 comments:

Happier Blue said...

This is terrific--a very practical application of what we've been learning!

Meerkatdon said...

hravan, you rock!

Please keep us posted on how the branch wiki is working.