Thursday, July 3, 2008

Social Networking Sites: the Last Exploration

As I write this post I'm listening to music through Pandora. I now have one station based on Madeleine Peyroux and one on the Dirty Dozen Brass Band. Hard to concentrate with the Dirty Dozen playing, however. I was interested to learn that Pandora is considered a social networking site. After I signed up, I interrupted my manager's paperwork to log him on to Pandora too. He listens to music all the time in his office. If you can believe it, he actually smiled. A win for Web 2.0!

I liked the sample Myspace page designed to attract teens to library services. We could certainly use something like that in our system, especially if we will be emphasizing services for teens. The only problem was the music on their page overroad my Pandora music and for a few minutes I thought Pandora had gone wacko. I need to go into Facebook and see if I can find my husband's Facebook page. I don't think I'm interested in having my own page, but that could change, since I didn't really think I was interested in blogging and now I have this enormous blog. As I said in an earlier post, I just want all my stuff in one place so I can use it and share it easily.

2 comments:

A. L. said...

I love Pandora!

When I first heard of Pandora, maybe 2 years ago, I tried to do the same thing with my father as you did to your manager. But he did not smile, sadly, as there was no classical music.

...But now I can thank you for the reason to try again, and lo! they have classical music! I think I shall make my father smile today. :-)

The EEB said...

Has your B.M. started his Web 2.0 yet? Payback time may not be far off...